As COVID-19 restrictions continue to lift, Groupon surveyed more than 2,000 people across the U.S. and not surprisingly found that the majority (71%) of Americans are ‘So #@$%ing Ready’ to get back to their everyday lives.
Another 74% said they will never take ordinary experiences such as eating at a restaurant, getting a haircut outside of their garage, going to the movies or taking a group fitness class for granted ever again. And this bodes well for local economies as nearly 60% of total respondents said they are more inclined to support small businesses than they were prior to the pandemic.
To provide some “Joy of Doing the Ordinary” inspiration, Groupon uncovered the top-25 activities that people plan to do as soon as restrictions ease and things begin to return to normal. The experiences people are excited about vary from the unique and daring to the simple and everyday.
Once pandemic restrictions have been fully lifted in their area, here’s what respondents are ‘So #@$%ing Ready’ to do first:
- Hugging friends and family (41%)
- Trying a new restaurant (33%)
- Going to the movies (32%)
- Experiencing the holidays as a big family (29%)
- Seeing people’s faces in public (28%)
- Hanging out with more than six people (26%)
- Staying at a hotel or resort (26%)
- Going to brunch with friends (23%)
- Traveling across the country to see family (23%)
- Attending a concert (20%)
“From economic hardship to emotional distress, we have all felt the weight of the past year, and the lives of so many have profoundly changed forever,” said Brian Fields, Chief Commercial Officer at Groupon. “These days, we are finding joy in doing the ordinary as we march toward normalcy. As more people become vaccinated and restrictions are responsibly lifted, we know that people are ready to get back to life.”